CAPITAL INVESTMENTS | WATER
Well 4 Control System
The control system at Well No. 4.
|PROJECT ID:||W 10.0|
- Will add a variable frequency drive unit to control the Weel No. 4 pump motor
- Reduces wear and tear on the pump motor and the electrical costs
- Replaces all piping within the pump house
- Installs new valves, flowmeters and pressure gauges
- Removes old electrical systems that are no longer functional
WHY IT’S NEEDED
The 2,500-gallon per minute Well No. 4 pump was designed in the 1960s and is obsolete. The control system is unreliable and inefficient, and the piping system has been dismantled to use for parts in other systems.
The station experiences large pressure fluctuations and configuring the pump control valve is challenging. The pump house also needs to be updated to ensure reliability during peak demands.
The Well No. 4 pump and piping were improved in 2013, so no further improvements are anticipated.
LAST UPDATED: 01/18/23