CAPITAL INVESTMENTS | Wastewater
E. Evelyn Avenue Sewer Line Replacement
E. Evelyn Avenue in Hermiston.
|PROJECT ID:||S 10.0|
- Replaces 650 feet of sewer line on E. Evelyn Ave. between S.E. 8th Street to S.E. 9th Street
- Design report will evaluate relocation alternatives for existing main in residence backyards
- Bypass line will be installed within the roadway
- May include installation of polyvinyl chloride sewer pipe and precast manholes
- Roadway restoration, traffic control, and sewage bypass pumping is included
WHY IT’S NEEDED
The existing sewer line lacks the capacity to provide expanding service to the Eastern Oregon Trade and Event Center and Cook Industrial Area. The replacement will allow continued development in the area.
$2.2 trillion CARES Act approved by Congress, including $400 million for economic development
City Council authorizes expanding this project and applies for $949,000 in U.S. EDA funds. More information.
U.S. EDA denies the application for CARES funds due to a lack of local economic impact from COVID-19.
Scheduled for 2023-24
LAST UPDATED: 01/18/23