CAPITAL INVESTMENTS | STREETS
E. Gettman Road Construction
W. Gettman Road between Highway 207 and S. 1st Street.
|PROJECT ID:||ST 11.1|
- Develops about 3,850 feet of new roadway connecting S. 1st Street to U.S. Highway 395.
- Curbs, gutter, and sidewalks will be included in development projects in the area as they occur. The road will ultimately be developed with sidewalks and bike lanes.
- Will cross “A” Line Canal by installing a concrete bottomless box culvert.
- Underground utility work will be coordinated with road project.
- Right of way acquisition will be required and is included in preliminary cost estimate.
* Plus inflation depending on year constructed
WHY IT’S NEEDED
South Hermiston continues to develop and, with the construction of Armand Larive Middle
School, the traffic volume along W. Gettman Road and S. 1st Street has increased significantly.
Development of E. Gettman Road between S. 1st Street and U.S. Highway 395 will take some traffic off local streets and provide a good east-to-west collector for this developing area.
This is the second phase of the Hermiston Gettman Road/Railway Alternative Transportation Enhancement Project.
Not yet scheduled
LAST UPDATED: 07/10/21