CAPITAL INVESTMENTS | STREETS
W. Gettman Road between Highway 207 and S. 1st Street.
|PROJECT ID:||ST 11.0|
- Develops about 5,250 feet of W. Gettman Road from Highway 207 to S. 1st Street, including paving over the gravel portion and reconstructing paved road not built to city standards.
- Curbs, gutter, and sidewalks will be included in development projects in the area as they occur. The road will ultimately be developed with sidewalks and bike lanes.
- Union Pacific and Maxwell Canal crossings will be improved.
- Underground utility work will be coordinated with road project.
* Plus inflation depending on year constructed
WHY IT’S NEEDED
W. Gettman Road is a narrow gravel roadway on the south edge of Hermiston. The roadway is evolving from its original rural nature and, as development extends, is being utilized as an east-to-west collector.
This is the first phase of the Hermiston Gettman Road/Railway Alternative Transportation Enhancement Project.
Hard surface applied by Umatilla County.
LAST UPDATED: 01/18/23