CAPITAL INVESTMENTS | WATER
Ridgeway Water Line Replacement
The W. Ridgeway Avenue water line replacement in Hermiston in March 2021.
|PROJECT ID:||W 15.0|
- Replaces the water main on NW 7th St., W. Ridgeway Ave. and NW 6th St.
- Upgrades the water main from 6-inch pipe to 12-inch pipe
- Tees, valves, hydrants and service lines will also be replaced.
- May require temporary water service during construction.
- Restores full street surface with 2-inch overlay for portion of 7th Street between Standard and Ridgeway.
WHY IT’S NEEDED
The project will eliminate failing, deteriorating lines, which minimizes future repair work. It also eliminates steel pipes from the 1920s and improves public safety by ensuring pipes include no lead.
*Costs exceeded original estimate due to scope expansion to repave the entire width of NW 7th Street. Also, unexpected challenges were uncovered with this being the City’s first large-scale aging-main replacement project; this largely resulted in larger than expected excavation needs.
Design engineering begins.
Scope expanded to include 2-inch overlay to 7th Street.
Project advertised for bids.
Five bids received, contract awarded to lowest bidder, Sineco Construction of Hermiston, for $357,000.
Contractor Sineco breaks ground on site. Construction expected to last two months.
Contractor encounters challenges making connections to old service lines.
Most visible construction completed. Contractor works on punch list items.
LAST UPDATED: 08/27/21