CAPITAL INVESTMENTS | STREETS
W. Hermiston Avenue Overlay
Hermiston Avenue was repaved in 2019.
|PROJECT ID:||ST 2.0|
- Resurfaced W. Hermiston Avenue from N. 1st Place to N.W. 11th Street, including smoothing the surface, restoring drainage, and match elevations for roadway, sidewalk and ADA ramps.
- Restored centerlines and crosswalks.
- Replaced damaged sidewalks.
- Coordinated with water and sewer work.
WHY IT’S NEEDED
Repairs were needed to ensure roadway subgrade wasn’t further damaged by water infiltration and to prepare for future traffic volumes.
Roadway cracking and sidewalks that did not meet ADA standards were also considerations.
* The original project scope only called for overlaying the street between 1st and 10th, but upon further review, the Public Infrastructure Committee and the City Council felt that a portion of the street between 1st and 3rd required a full rebuild. This was the the most cost-effective time to replace deteriorating sidewalks in that area and add decorative lights. The final cost was $125,000 above the estimate.
The Hermiston City Council approved the contract to begin work on the project.
Media: “Council approves Hermiston Avenue Project” East Oregonian
Project begins with cooperation with water department to replace valves under roadway.
Several blocks of Hermiston Avenue are closed for three weeks as final section of roadway and sidewalk are completely replaced.
Media: “City’s utilities departments join forces on Hermiston Avenue project” Northeast Oregon Now
LAST UPDATED: 01/31/20