CAPITAL INVESTMENTS | STREETS
W. Orchard Ave. and S. 1st St. intersection.
|PROJECT ID:||ST 10.0|
- Improves traffic control to the W. Orchard Avenue and S. 1st Street intersection near the Hermiston Safety Center.
- Includes analysis to evaluate improvement options including a roundabout, realignment of the intersection, or full traffic signals.
- Improvements will accommodate pedestrian movements, left turns, and traffic volume.
- May include sidewalks, pavement modifications, drainage improvements, and signal systems.
* Plus inflation depending on year constructed
WHY IT’S NEEDED
The two-way stop controlled intersection has high traffic volumes near the Hermiston Safety Center with a difficult transition between Union Pacific Railroad tracks and Highway U.S. 395. The intersection needs to be realigned to minimize conflict between vehicles, trucks, trains, and pedestrians.
Not yet scheduled
LAST UPDATED: 03/25/21